I have a friend from college who I respect greatly...even though I haven't seen or talked to her in over ten years she is such an inspiration to me even today. How can that be? It's through her blog. She and her husband are in full-time ministry with college students, she "stays at home" with her three sons (how does she do that?), and maintains a blog. In one of her postings she said that in the midst of the daily routine, she always tries to do something different. I get the idea that sometimes it's a big different and sometimes a little different. I'm trying to be more like that. I don't succeed every day, but at this point I count it "success" if I get something special/different done once a week. I'd like to share them/record them as they happen. So, a few weeks ago, I made this for Taylor:

She doesn't totally get how COOL forts can be, but we enjoyed our afternoon snack in it (above you can tell she did want me to join her although she does look like she's humoring me in this pic):


We also enjoyed being a little secluded from Josh for a few minutes (although we could still see him):

I look forward to the day that Josh and Taylor make much larger forts together.
It only took a few minutes to execute and I have to remember how easy/simple doing some special can be instead of being caught up in the pressure of doing something BIG.
No comments:
Post a Comment