Monday, February 8, 2010

Taylor Update

So, I'm stuck at work....my Excel has just crashed for at least the 4th time today. I still have roughly 4 hours of work I probably should do (we'll see how much of it gets done if this computer keeps on acting up), but while it takes 20 minutes for Excel to "recover" my documents, I figured I'd type a little Taylor update....

Taylor was a little clingy last weekend (8 days ago), which is a little unusual for her. I do know that there is an age where they get clingy and want their mommy all the time, but I'm not sure what age that is. On Sunday she slept a lot and was a little moody when she was awake, but overall she was her fairly happy little self. Well, Sunday night at about two in the morning she yelped out. Brian went in to check on her (she typically doesn't make a peep at night), and he felt she was warm and took her temperature - it was relayed to me to be a 98.8 degree fever. I, being the semi-comatose one still, decided that was not a big deal and sent them on their way. Brian rocked her for a minute or so to help her calm down and then put her in her crib (awake). We didn't hear another word until I went to get her to feed her at seven the next morning. At this point, she felt really warm to me, and I took her fever....99.8 by now. She also was whimpering the slightest bit. I thought, hmmm, could my baby girl be getting a tooth? Sure enough she had her lower front left one! It's amazing how chill she was - it was basically completely out of her gums by this point. We decided Tylenol was in order and we sent her to "school" with it. By Tuesday morning she was again her normal self.

At the end of last week however, she started getting a little moody and a little clingy. She is also very specific as to how she likes to be held. Not sure this is an issue or something to "fight" over. I'm sure one day I'll regret it, but at this point, if it's no big deal, and she wants to be held in a different way, I will adjust. Brian and I are thinking more teeth are on their way, but we really aren't sure. All we know is that she doesn't feel great, it's been a little harder for her to fall (and stay) asleep, and we really just want her to feel better! Hopefully the teeth will make their appearance soon so we will all understand what is going on and she can be her happy self again.

In other news, she finally allowed us to film her giggling. That girl can be stingy with her giggles - she'll be giggling up a storm but once the phone or camera comes out she just looks at you like you are crazy - gotta love her! Well, Saturday night she started to giggle while the kissing monster (me) was attacking, and she actually kept it up while we got it on film! We can't wait to share it with others :)

I guess that's most of the update. She's been eating some food lately - not a fan of the apples or carrots, but peas don't seem to be too bad. She really enjoys avocado and sweet potatoes. I think we may try Mango next, but pretty soon we'll have to start combining flavors - we'll see where that ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment